Setting up Flash Builder 4
2010 July 13
Here are my tips for setting up Flash Builder 4 for maximum utility.
- SVN: Subclipse
- Git: EGit
- Minimize the package explorer and outline and use two panes for source files (see image)
- Generate ASDoc HTML using External Tool
- Use “Set as Default Application” on main source file so that you can use the run keyboard shortcut while focused on any file.
- Use the Flash Debug Player to get traces in Flash Builder
- I’m still searching for the best way to launch your swf in the Flash Debug Player instead of the browser.
- Use Ant!