Metaforms: Ten Questions for Lebbeus Woods
2008 October 1
Lebbeus Woods doesn’t design buildings so much as conceive visions. He’s also the only person I’ve ever heard of by the name “Lebbeus.” That’s more than enough reason to want to ask him the following:
- How did you find out about the chair in 12 Monkeys? What was your reaction?
- Is form vs. function a false dichotomy?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What do you fear most, if anything, about contemporary architectural education?
- What’s the best new unbuilt architecture that you know of?
- Is there a reason you draw with colored pencils?
- What is it about the line or vector that is so provocative?
- What’s the best architecture in New York?
- Have you ever passed out hungover in the middle of a crit?
- What did you play with as a child?
from → Metaforms